Who doesn’t love LOVE? We take great pride and pleasure in making your day as special as possible. Hosting wedding receptions is a great honour to us and we find great joy in making the event go seamlessly well. Wendy would love to chat to you about your ‘vision’ and how we can make your dream come true. With Alan’s homemade menu, bespoke to your tastes, you can expect nothing less than a stress-free day for both your guests and yourselves that you will be remembered forever.
Booking with us is easy and exciting. Here is how it works:
- Call, email, or pop in for an initial date enquiry.
- Meet with Wendy, our Wedding organiser, in person. And take a walk around the different areas of the pub. Have an initial chat about menu ideas and the feel of the wedding you have in mind.
- Pay a deposit of £150, to hold the date.
- Meet with Wendy and liaise via email until the date.
- Decorate the pub the day before. And discuss any last minute changes.
- Arrive on the day as a married couple and enjoy a fantastic culinary experience, a day you’ll remember for many years to come.
- Before you leave pay the balance.
Things to consider:
- The feel of the wedding- Weddings vary far and wide. At the Shoulder of Mutton we can make your day casual, with a buffet, or sophisticated with fine dining. We don’t offer silver service but the service we do give is top notch.
- Food- Many couples opt to have their own personalised set menu, please see the examples. The options are endless and a 1-2-1 meeting with Wendy, who has years of experience in this field, is always advised.
- Table plan- Due to the pubs layout your wedding could be spread over three areas. Table sizes vary from 6 to 22 people. Small tables of 6-8 guests generally work quite nicely.
- Decorations- We don’t supply decorations but are happy for you to run with a colour scheme and supply the table and room decorations of your choice.
- Flowers- You are also welcome to bring flowers to decorate the pub and tables.
- Music- Would you like music? Live or background? The choice is yours.
- Drinks on arrival- Many weddings offer their guests a drink (and nibbles) on arrival. Choose from Bubbles, a cocktail or wine. Often with a similar looking soft option.
MENU example 1
MENU example 2
MENU example 3
Karen and Peter’s Wedding Day
We are so grateful for Earnest, Karen’s son-in-law, for creating this drone video for us. He really captured the essence of their beautiful day. Enjoy!